Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Photobombed by a pseudoscorpion!

 

 "Let's Get Small"

                           Steve Martin








 At first glance these looked like unremarkable small brown nodules growing on a beech log. When I peered closer they began to look more like chocolates! Then I noticed that one of these delicately dusted luxury truffles was sporting an assortment of translucent bright orange globules and 'hairy plumes' a little like dandelion seed heads, giving the thing an almost cactus-like form. I have absolutely know idea what it is. Fungus? Slime mold? Xenowonkia cocophoria?


I was trying to photograph  a patch of green fungus and a dead isopod on a branch, and a small creature with massive pedipalps strolled casually in to shot! My first pseudoscorpion sighting.

I'd love to be able to get closer! If anyone could point me towards a very good deal on a very good microscope I'd be very interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment